top of page
Golden State Educational Services_edited.jpg


  • How to Get a California Wholesale Dealer License
    YOU HAVE MADE THE RIGHT choice when you came to our website. You NEED TO BE CERTIFIED by a Dealer Education Provider TO GET THE CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION. For both Used Vehicle and Wholesale Only Dealers. Once you have received your CERTIFIED from Golden State Educational Services, you are your way to beginning your business in the vehicle industry, you will need to take the Exam with the Department of Motor Vehicles. You will also need to create a username and password with the DMV portal, we will go over this with you during your Pre License Class. Sign up TODAY for your Pre License Vehicle Dealer Class.
  • When will I receive the Certificate of Completion?
    At the End of the Class or the Same Day. We will Scan and Email you a copy of your Certificate that can be uploaded to the California DMV website portal. If you take the In Person Class you will receive your certificate at the end of the Class. The Pre-License Vehicle Dealer Class is 6 hours Monday, Tuesday,Thursday Friday and Saturday, by appointment please Register today. Or Call NOW at (916) 271.8990. We offer Zoom Classes on Tuesday and Thursday. Sign up Today. The Pre License Class is Non-Refundable, if you miss your schedule appointment, we will be more that happy to reschedule you within 30 days of your appointment.
  • I am already a SalesPerson Do I still need fingerprinting?
    No, if it’s is current, however if has been more than two years you will need to have your Livescan Fingerprint done again. We offer referral services for discounted rates on LiveScan Fingerprinting as well.
  • Should I Incorporated my Dealership?
    That is a good question and only you can decide. You have several options such as a Sole Proprietorship, form a Limited Liability Company, LLC or Corporation (C Corporation). These are all great options and I can help you help yourself make the Best Decision for you and your Business. Call Today at 916.271.8990 for more information.
  • Can I change from wholesale to retail?
    Yes, You can change from Wholesale to Retail and from Retail to Wholesale if you want. This is called a modification and there are some fees with DMV and the County. Call me Today 916.271.8990, We can go over these questions and get you in the right Direction fast.
  • How long before the California DMV approves me?
    Once you complete your packet and turn it in with your Non-Refundable fee of $176 to the Department of Motor Vehicles Occupational Licensing. The Department has 120 days to make a investigation and decision to approve you for a Used Retail Vehicle Dealer or Wholesale Only License.

Getting your wholesale dealer license is easier than you think.

Golden State Educational Services
bottom of page